Tuesday 21 July 2015

Introducing why Laura from Life with Baby Kicks is #PositiveAboutBF

While I was pregnant with my first son, I was fairly indifferent to breastfeeding.  It wasn't something I really thought about.  I bought a mini pack of bottles and decided against buying a breastpump just in case it wasn't going to happen for me.

Even when I went to the NCT breastfeeding class my overriding memory is not the messages that she was promoting but the beautiful kitchen she had.

It wasn't until my son was born and plonked on my breast where he stayed for the next hour that my love affair with all things breastfed began.

From the early days and the tears, the bleeding, cracked nipples to syringe feeding colostrum.  The agony of my milk coming in and the bewilderment of being a new mum.  The petrifying moment when I first breastfed publicly only made easier by the fact I was sat with a group of friends who were also new mums and new feeders. All the way through to when I stopped feeding my first when more confident about my choices I moved onto the next stage of my parenting life and breastfeeding slipped into the background.

Then I had my second son.  And my journey began again.  My love affair was rekindled but this time something was different.  This time round I am also a blogger.  I have found my voice.


And I want to use that voice for the right reasons.  With all the controversy between bottle vs. breast. Alongside the campaign that we need to #normalizebreasfeeding it seems that there is a great internet divide.  An us and them mentality.  With those that combi-feed sitting on the fence with no "camp".  I want to show that I support all choices and that promoting a positive message about breastfeeding isn't a negative outlook on anyone else and their choice.

That being #PositiveAboutBF is celebrating a beautiful feeding ritual between mother and child.

That being #PositiveAboutBF is supporting those around us that try, that do, and that have done, this selfless act of love.

That being #PositiveAboutBF is being positive about my own choices.

That being #PositiveAboutBF is sharing my journey and spreading the positive message to you all.


The Dad Network

1 comment:

  1. This is all so very true and an important message to get out there. #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete

We will do our best to respond to your comment as soon as possible.